HIV Education and Prevention
Take Control of Your Health
Eisner Health and Abram Friedman Occupational Center (AFOC) want you to know how to prevent HIV/AIDS infection and where to get help.
What percentage do you fall into?
Do you REALLY know for sure?
- There are about 59,400 people living with HIV in Los Angeles County.
- 89% (52,600) of persons living with HIV are aware of their HIV status.
- This means (6,800) 11% of people in LA County are unaware of their HIV status.
- The number of HIV infections in LA County has increased in recent years.
Get the facts!WE OFFER FREE, PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL SERVICES
- Individual counseling with students who have questions about HIV/AIDS and want to understand their own risk
- One-minute HIV INSTI Rapid Testing*
- Facilitate access to resources for prevention, such as Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) as needed or requested. PrEP and PEP are prevention methods for people who are HIV-negative and have a high-risk of being exposed to HIV
- Facilitate access to Eisner Health for primary care services
- Classroom presentations available for students to learn about HIV/AIDS and to how to reduce the risk of an infection
- *Testing occurs at Eisner Health.
Learn More Fact Sheet
For more information call or text: Keyari Badon email@example.com (213) 588-1942